Oaks Ridge Meadows 16-Home Solar Group Buy
A BOLD VISION
In the summer of 2017, the Oaks Ridge Meadows neighborhood of Lee’s Summit approached SunSource to help them make a bold stand for the environment.
Oaks Ridge Meadows residents wanted to fight climate change by encouraging their entire neighborhood to install solar. The HOA formed a committee to find the best vendor to make their vision a reality.
The committee set out to find the best installer to deliver quality, value, education, and long-term service and maintenance. After evaluating six potential installers, the committee chose SunSource Homes.
“After crunching the numbers, we could see that SunSource offered the best group pricing. That, combined with their 25-year equipment and labor warranty, made them the clear choice,” said committee participant, Kirk Sampson.
To help raise neighborhood interest and maximize participation, SunSource:
- Conducted educational meetings about the benefits of solar energy.
- Provided, accurate data, customized for each interested household, with detailed projected savings.
- Presented a variety of financing options to give interested homeowners the ability to take advantage of the group buy opportunity.
- Offered a premium 25-year parts and labor warranty.
- Showed that solar would increase home values.
- Offered a tiered savings plan. The more homes participated in the group buy, the more they saved.
- Installed quickly, with all straightforward installations completed less than 90 days from the date that the final contract was signed!
BIG PARTICIPATION, BIG SAVINGS
16 residences installed solar systems!
- Each household averaged $4,000-$6,000 in savings on their installation.
- They will save a combined total of $1.5 million over the next 25 years.
- Solar will pay for itself in 7-10 years – or less!