SunSource, a Midwest leader in Solar Power and Sustainable Development is searching for an exceptional Electrical Engineer with BSEE and PE with minimum 10 years of recent experience to help our fast-growing Solar Power business. Our businesses include Architecture, Construction, Development, Solar Power, Real Estate, and Property Management.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated person with a positive flexible attitude, who is willing and able help out where and when needed over and above their job description. This position will primarily be focused on the residential and commercial Solar Power projects but will also be involved with our residential construction and development projects.
This position is includes performing and overseeing the following:
- Supports the planning and estimating stage of projects to ensure the most efficient, safe and economical electrical components are incorporated into the project designs.
- Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost and scheduling of construction projects.
- Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding electrical design with project team. Contributes to the projects safety goals by reducing hazards during the design planning state ensuring that all work will meet construction and safety standards as well as the most current NEC.
- Stays abreast of innovative developments and incorporates these advancements in the development and design of new systems/equipment intended to expand SunSource’s productivity, capabilities and market share.
- Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principals used in similar engineering analysis in preparation for permitting.
- Performs all 1-line diagrams for all Solar and Construction Projects.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization
- As the company grows be willing and able to manage/mentor up to 3 Junior Engineers to help with growing workloads
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current PE license in MO, or ability to obtain license within 6 weeks of hire.
- Minimum of ten years of work and management experience performing similar primary position responsibilities exceeding performance expectations.
- Ability to be licensed in Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Expertise with reading electrical one-line drawings and performing computer-aided design utilizing software.
- Minimum starting salary of $100K per year, up to $115K DOE
- Up to 120 hours of PTO in first year of employment
- Competitive Healthcare Package Offered
- Company Profit Share Program
- All company services performed at cost for employees
- Training Programs
- Challenging Assignments
- Career Advancement Opportunities
SunSource is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please provide a 1- page cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this position and give us a short example of your can-do- attitude. Also attach a resume, which includes your salary history and as well as the salary you desire.
We are only looking for long-term growth orientated candidates. If you have the experience outlined above and you think this is you…let us know today!
Please include “Electrical Engineer” in the subject line of your email. Thank you in advance for your time.