Everyone’s Asking: “How will the new solar tariff affect the solar industry?”
SunSource’s Answer: “Barely at all.”
Many people have come to us looking for insider, industry perspective on recent US solar policy changes. Specifically, people want to know how the new 30% solar panel tariff will affect the solar installation business in the United States.
We’re confident that solar has all the traction it needs to continue exponential growth until solar and other free, renewable energies are the norm, not the exception.
You may wonder, how is it possible that a 30% tariff on solar panels will only have a minimal effect on new installations?
- The tariff only affects wholesale cost of the solar panels.
- Solar panels themselves only make up about 20% of the cost of a solar project.
- Labor, permits, and other components of a complete system such as inverters, cables, monitoring boxes and other components are untouched by the solar panel tariff.
- Some suppliers are even lowering costs to help absorb the extra cost.
FACTORING IN THE 30% SOLAR TARIFFS, THE COST OF INSTALLING A SOLAR SYSTEM WILL RISE ABOUT 2%-3%
Installing solar, even with some imported components, is great for the US and local economy.
- Installing solar creates jobs. In fact, “solar installer” has been named one of the fastest growing fields in the United States.
- Solar saves our customers tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of dollars that they can invest in their own families.
- We use many domestic, premium components such as Enphase microinverters.
- SunSource has designed, engineered, and is manufacturing our own solar rail roof and ground mounting systems here in the United States.
- We’re a midwestern-owned company, employing a team to serve you throughout Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Iowa and Colorado.
ABOUT 80% OF THE COST OF A SUNSOURCE SOLAR INSTALLATION STAYS IN THE UNITED STATES, WITH LONG-TERM SAVINGS GOING STRAIGHT INTO YOUR POCKETS
Why import any components of a solar system?
We stake our reputation on long-term value for our customers. Therefore, we source only the highest-quality, longest-lasting, most cost-effective, proven technologies available. Right now, that means selling premium-quality components from trusted manufacturers such as Enphase (US), LG (S. Korea), Trina and JA (China).
We evaluate new technology as it becomes available, and choose equipment that will best serve our customer to provide:
- Long-term savings